Welcome to the Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy (AOPT)
Welcome to the Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy (AOPT)! We are the largest and one of the fastest growing Academies of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
The Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy leads the physical therapy field in research, practice and education so that members deliver care that is evidence‐based, innovative, and effective. The AOPT's Mission is to empower members to excel in orthopaedic physical therapy. The AOPT's Vision is to be a world leader in providing resources to optimize movement and musculoskeletal health.
- Imaging SIG Webinar Experiences of the First Four: Achieving Imaging Referral Privileges
- Want to Be Our Next Winner?
- AOPT Member Spotlight - Tim Brinker, PT, DPT, MBA
- AOPT Mentorship Program
- AOPT Member Spotlight - Chris Carcia, PT, PhD, OCS, SCS
- FPTR Alumni Receive Profession’s Highest Honors in APTA’s 2021 Annual Awards - Foundation for Physical Therapy Research
OPTP and JOSPT
Learn more about the monthly and quarterly publications offered to AOPT members here.
The AOPT is developing evidence-based CPGs that enhance diagnosis, intervention, prognosis, and assessment of outcomes for a variety of musculoskeletal conditions commonly managed by physical therapists.
The Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy offers an excellent choice of high quality monographs through its Independent Study Course series. Learn more about courses available for purchase, view videos and complete exams, and view your transcript.