Independent Study Courses
The Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy offers an excellent choice of high quality monographs through its Independent Study Course series. Since 1991, we have been providing clinicians, faculty, and students with a choice of contemporary topics that can strengthen clinical practice. Each course includes a comprehensive selection of monographs that address varied aspects of the primary content area. Our authors are carefully selected and are experts in their respective fields.
A member who shared her success in preparation for the OCS exam,
"I wanted to thank ISC Editor, Dr. Christopher Hughes, authors, and the entire team at the Orthopaedic Section for creating an amazing study course to prepare for the APTA OCS exam. I am convinced the Current Concepts of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy (4th ed) was one of the keys for me to successfully pass the OCS this June.”
Z Altug, California
Full-text courses and exams are available from desktop and laptop computers to smartphones and tablets. The Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy's ISCs will continue to provide the greatest continuing education value in terms of time, money, and knowledge gained.
Independent Study Courses provide:
- A self-paced learning experience
- Accurate and applicable information
- A user-friendly text format, high quality figures, and diagrams
- Concentrated coverage of a topic area of study
- Clinical application using case studies that reinforce the didactic material
- An economical and convenient method for obtaining continuing education