AOPT Individual and Societies Partner Programs
Not eligible to become an AOPT member? You can still join!
AOPT Individual Partner:
- Any international physical therapist, physical therapist assistant, physical therapy or physical therapy assistant student who lives outside the USA and who is not eligible for APTA membership.
- Rehabilitation providers (i.e., physicians, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, respiratory therapists, veterinarians) who are part of a rehabilitation team in a hospital or other facility, and who is not eligible for APTA membership.
- Faculty members teaching in a physical therapy program who are not eligible for APTA membership.
Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy "Partners" are not members of the Academy; however, they are eligible for various membership benefits as outlined below. Individual partners pay $100/year, and are eligible for the membership benefits listed below:
- Online access to full text of the Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy
- Online access to Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Practice (OPTP) and the Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy (JOSPT)
- Access to the AOPT website
- AOPT member discount on Independent Study Courses, educational courses, conferences and more
- Membership in any/all of the seven AOPT Special Interest Groups
Becoming part of the AOPT individual, society, or business partnership does not make you a member of the American Physical Therapy Association. Individuals wishing to join as an individual or a society partner must submit the following application to the AOPT office. Any PT, PTA or student PT or PTA who is eligible to be an APTA member is not eligible for the AOPT partner program.
AOPT partners are prohibited by the Bylaws of the AOPT from participating in activities exclusively reserved for APTA, AOPT members such as voting, and serving as elected or appointed positions.
AOPT partners who fail to pay their fees and complete an application or renewal application annually will be dismissed from the program. Any other acts that go against APTA or AOPT policy, positions, standards, guidelines, or Code of Ethics will be dismissed from the program. No refund of fees is given for dismissal from the program.
AOPT Society Partner:
The AOPT BOD will develop partnerships with other societies or businesses if they meet the needs of the AOPT and advance the vision, mission and strategic goals of the AOPT. Only the AOPT BOD can establish a society or business partnership with the AOPT. The AOPT BOD will establish special advertising rates for approved society or partner organizations and if applicable other mutually agreed upon benefits for AOPT members.