30.3, Special Topics: ENHANCING PERFORMANCE USING A
MIND, BODY, METRIC APPROACH
60-Day Introductory price!
This 6-monograph series is divided into 2 major areas: Optimizing Performance and Optimizing Recovery. Both areas are a blend of timely and informative topics relevant to today’s practicing therapist. We provide performance experts who discuss mental techniques to enhance performance, the role of wearables, and training methods for runners.
- Identify nutrition concerns that may interfere with optimal health and well-being.
- Describe current evidence-based nutrient and supplement recommendations and their impact on healing and inflammation.
- Provide recommendations on nutrition to optimize rehabilitation protocols and recovery from injury.
- Identify events occurring during each phase of the sleep cycle.
- Understand the implications of sleep loss on health.
- Implement a sleep screening instrument in clinical physical therapy practice.
- Understand of the physiology underlying the effectiveness of blood fl ow restriction.
- Identify populations with whom to consider the use of blood fl ow restriction.
- Appropriately prescribe blood fl ow restriction with resistance exercise based on current evidence.
- Identify psychosocial strategies to enhance adherence to injury rehabilitation.
- Appreciate the role of an inter-professional approach to injury rehabilitation.
- Describe the varied uses of wearable technologies in clinical practice.
- Discuss the benefits and limitations of using wearable technologies in monitoring performance.
- Differentiate among training methods for runners with different levels of ability.
- Develop a return-to- running program based on a runner’s level of ability.
- Current Trends in Nutrition and Supplementation with Relevance to the Physical Therapist
Leslie Bonci, MPH, RD, CSSD, LDN
- Let Me Sleep On It: Sleep for Healthy Aging and Optimal Performance
Kristinn I. Heinrichs, PhD, PT, NCS, SCS, ATC; Melanie M. Weller, MPT, OCS, CEEAA, ATC
- Blood Flow Restricted Exercise: Physical Therapy Patient Management Using Current Evidence
Johnny G. Owens, MPT; Luke Hughes, PhD; Stephen Patterson, PhD
- Mental Techniques for Performance
Scott B. Martin, PhD, FACSM, FAASP; Rebecca Zakrajsek, PhD, CMPC®; Taylor Casey, MEd; Alexander Bianco, MS
- Wearable Technologies for Monitoring Human Performance
Mike McGuigan, PhD, CSCS
- Training Methodologies for Runners
Jerry-Thomas Monaco, PT, DPT, OCS; Richard G. Hubler, Jr., PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT
Online + Print
|Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Member||Six (6)||
|Non-Academy Member||Six (6)||
Due to the automation of our learning management system allowing you instant access to the online content and the immediate order placement for a plus print product, there are no refunds after an order is placed.
International Shipping Policy:
International shipping is NOT available when purchasing a plus print copy of our independent study courses. The online copy allows you instant access to any course with the ability to print a pdf copy. Note: APO and FPO addresses are serviced by the USPS and the Military Postal Service Agency and are available for plus print shipping.
You need to login to purchase this course. If you do not have an account, click on the box below and follow the instructions for creating an account.Login or Create Account