The Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy recognizes the importance of residency and fellowship programs in meeting the needs of our profession and the public we serve. The Academy provides various resources designed to facilitate and support orthopaedic residency and fellowship program growth and development. Foundational didactic curriculum, supplementary educational material, as well as a grant program are all available to members involved in residency and fellowship programs. The Academy is committed to ongoing support of newly developing and established residency and fellowship programs.
Didactic Curriculum: "Residency Curriculum Package"
The Orthopaedic Section offers a didactic curriculum package including regularly updated and expanded learning modules with learning objectives. The curriculum is available as a complete package or as individual learning modules to supplement or create the foundation for your residency program. Learn more about curriculum costs and availability here.
The Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy will award up to three (3) grants per year, each in the amount of $3,000 to assist with the ABPTRFE application fee for residency and fellowship programs. More information on the grant program is available here.
Supplementary Educational Material
- ABPTRFE Mentoring Resource Manual
- Successful Mentorship for Residency and Fellowship Education – an online course for purchase
- ORF SIG Educational Webinars: (Members Only Content)
- June 21, 2018: Taking your mentoring from good to great
- Webinar resources/documents :
- Copy of Webinar Presentation
- Clinical Reasoning Mentoring KEY - The Jackson Clinics
- Mentoring Feedback Form - The Jackson Clinics
- Performance Review Form - Jackson Clinics
- Reference List - Mentoring the Mentor Webinar
- ICF Model Applied
- Patient Case Review and Definitions - Kaiser Neuro Residency
- Kaiser Permanente Rehabilitation Services Weekly Mentoring Feedback Form
- ORF-SIG Think Tank Compendium
- Description of Specialty Practice: Orthopaedics
- Description of Residency Practice: Orthopaedics
American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education (ABPTRFE)
The American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education (ABPTRFE) is the accrediting body for the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) for post professional residency and fellowship programs in physical therapy. Accreditation is the process used by APTA to ensure the quality of the education that participants receive in residency and fellowship programs in physical therapy. It is a voluntary, nongovernmental, peer-reviewed process that occurs on a regular basis. More information about the accreditation and oversight process can be found on the ABPTRFE website.
Description of Residency Practice:
Click here to visit the ABPTRFE website for information regarding:
- Residency Programs
- Fellowship Programs
- Information for Programs
- Accreditation and Application