The Occupational Health Special Interest Group (OHSIG) is the primary resource for physical therapy professionals who promote a healthy and productive workforce.
The OHSIG facilitates professional development, shares current information, identiﬁes opportunities for collaboration among related organizations and supports physical therapist practice and research initiatives. The OHSIG was the ﬁrst special interest group in the Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy when it formed in 1993.
The OHSIG is also a resource for professionals, professional organizations and regulatory agencies related to the health and productivity of the work force. The OHSIG is involved in collaborative efforts, sharing evidence based guidelines for practice, participating in multi-professional initiatives and regulatory involvement.
As an OHSIG member, you will:
- Receive quarterly email newsletters with up to date information related to workplace health and safety and OHSIG activities
- Network with colleagues working in pro-active occupational health services and expand your professional expertise
- Enhance your clinical practice beyond the traditional clinic environment through increased awareness of valuable services such as work site based 24/7 health promotion, functional capacity evaluations, job analysis, ergonomics, post offer screens, job coaching and education, prevention and ﬁtness programs, and much more
- Discover opportunities that may provide a more autonomous practice environment
- Interact with clinicians who are forward thinking and active in numerous areas of practice, including academia, private practice, hospital, corporate settings, etc.
Welcome to our website!
1. Verify membership status.
2. Select your desired SIG.
3. Submit your request!