Mission, Vision and I-SIG Goals
The AOPT's Mission is to empower members to excel in orthopaedic physical therapy.
The AOPT's Vision is to be a world leader in providing resources to optimize movement and musculoskeletal health.
Imaging SIG Goals
- To be a valued resource for PTs involved with imaging.
- The SIG serves:
- Identifying, sharing, supporting, and contributing to the evidence base in imaging in physical therapist practice
- Identifying, sharing and supporting the evidence base in imaging PT
- Providing opportunities for professional development and education
- Monitors and supports activities that may impact the use of imaging in physical therapy
- Developing practice competencies
- Fostering imaging curriculum development in physical therapist education programs to prepare future practitioners
Current Imaging SIG Strategic Plan
Below is the revised strategic plan for the Imaging SIG. This plan was derived with a multi-step process initiated by a work group, identifying key elements consistent with the Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Strategic Plan, then further refined with a review process by the same individuals. Approval was by the Imaging SIG membership by vote in December 2020.
- Click here to view the current 3-4 year strategic plan.