Previous AOPT Grant Recipients
- "Telerehabilitation Effectiveness for Individuals with Temporomandibular Disorders (TMD): A Noninferiority Study"
- Emily Kahnert, DPT, CCTT
- "The Impact of Real-World Vibration Gait Retraining on Gait Biomechanics in People with Chronic Ankle Instability"
- Kimmery Migel, PT, DPT, OCS, Cert MDT
- "Clinical Implications of Knee Load Avoidant Behavior during Resistance Exercise after ACL Reconstruction"
- Ryan L. Mizner, PT, PhD
- "Underserved and Undertreated: Musculoskeletal Pain and Dysfunction following Gender Affirmations Surgery"
- Mark Bishop, PT, PhD, FAPTA
- "Effect of Unilateral Knee Pain on Contralateral KneeJoint Loads while Walking: Implications for the Development of Bilateral Knee Pain and Osteoarthritis"
- Patrick Corrigan, PT, DPT, PhD
- "Telehealth Physical Activity Intervention after Lumbar Spine Surgery: A Mixed-methods Feasibility Trial"
- Hiral Master, PT, PhD, MPH
- "Physical Therapists’ Readiness for Change in the Management of Fear of Reinjury after ACL Reconstruction"
- Automated Physical Therapy Referral Process for Older People after Upper ExtreMity Fracture (ARM): A Feasibility Study
- Christine McDonough, PT, PhD
- "Hip, Trunk, and Pelvic Floor Muscle Function During and After Pregnancy: Implications for Low Back and Pelvic Girdle Pain and Urinary Incontinence"
- "Movement Asymmetry and Contra lateral Knee Osteoarthritis after Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty"
- "Improving the Model of Care for Knee Osteoarthritis: Investigating Patinet-Perceived Value of Physical Therapy"
- "Impact of Hip Structure and Function on the Clinical Presentation of Low Back Pain"
- "Can an Intervention Aimed at Patient Education, Engagement, and Cognitive Restructuring Improve Functional Outcomes and Well-being for Patients with Rotator Cuff Related Shoulder Pain? A Pragmatic Randomized Clinical Trial"
- "The effect of spinal manipulative therapy on three key motor regions cerebral cortex”
- “The Effectiveness of Training PTs in Pain Neuroscience Education on PROs for Chronic Spinal Pain”
- Elizabeth Lane, PT, DPT
- “Shoulder Pain: Effects of Adherence to Clinical Practice Guidelines and Dose of Physical Therapy on Outcomes of Care”
- “Performance of shoulder muscles after a PT intervention for patients with rotator cuff tears”
- “Reliability, validity, and responsive of the functional arm and shoulder test in patients with shoulder problems”
- "Lower Extremity Joint Loading and Trunk and Muscle Activation Adaptations during Gait in Pregnant, Post-Partum, and Control Participants"
- "Achilles Pain Block Study"
- Ruth Chementi, DPT, PhD
- "Early Postoperative Exercise after Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion: A Pilot, Randomized Controlled Trial"
- "Dry Needling for Patients with Neck Pain: A Randomized Controlled Trial"
- "Investigating a Novel Intervention for Flexor Hallucis Longus Tendinopathy in Dancers"
- "Clinical Diagnosis and Functional Implications of Shoulder Multidirectional Instability"
- "The Effect of Scapular Muscle Strengthening on Fumnctional Recovery in Lateral Epicondylalgia"
- "Influence of Co-Activation on Physical Function in Patients with Knee Osteoarthritis"
- Annalisa Na, PT, DPT, OCS
- "Brain Morphometry in People with Low Back Pain: Implication of Physical Therapy"
- Neena Sharma, PT, PhD, CMPT
- "Task-specific Movement Pattern Training for Treatment of Patellofemoral Pain"
- "A Clinical Trial to Improve Motor Learning in Plyometric Training Post-ACLR via a Novel Body-weight Support System"
- "Comparison of Usual Podiatric Care and Early Physical Therapy for Plantar Heel Pain"
- "Neurosensory Responses to Thrust Mobilization and Eccentric Exercise in People with Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy"
- "Using fMRI to Determine if Cerebral Hemodynamic Responses to Pain Change Following Thoracic Spine Thrust Manipulation in Patients with Neck Pain"
- Cheryl L. Sparks PT, DPT
- Year 1 Progress Report
- Year 2 Progress Report
- Cheryl L. Sparks PT, DPT
- "Cervical and Shoulder Manipulative Therapy Effects on Pain Sensitivity"
- "Multi-Component Rehabilitation after Total Hip Arthroplasty"
- "Infraspinatus Activation in People with and without Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy"