26.1 Outcomes in Physical Therapy Practice
This course provides a comprehensive review of commonly used outcome measures in physical therapy practice today. Patient-reported and performance-based outcome measures are covered. The scales and measures are also presented according to their application to the extremity or spine. A unique monograph on cognition and affect is also included. Psychometric and clinimetric principles are reviewed throughout.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of patientreported outcome measures as part of orthopaedic physical therapist practice.
- Define the psychometric and clinimetric properties of patient-reported outcome measures and understand the importance of these properties.
- Interpret the similarities and differences between patient- report measures and physical performance measures.
- Recognize potential biases and errors in the use of physical performance measures.
- Identify the aspects of physical therapy evaluation, treatment, and reassessment best addressed through physical performance measures.
- Identify the most appropriate measure given a specific diagnosis or region of injury.
- Know the minimal detectable change scores and minimally clinically important difference scores associated with a variety of patient-reported outcomes and performance questionnaires.
- Understand the value of using patient-rated outcomes for the appraisal of value-based health care outcomes.
- Interpret the scores generated from patient-rated outcome and performance outcome measures for clinical decision- making and patient management.
- Discuss best practices with regard to administering outcomes measures for individuals with spine conditions.
- Interpret outcomes measurements for individuals with spine conditions with respect to likely statistically significant and clinically important changes.
- Understand and appreciate some of the basic models and outcomes tools for cognition, affect, and behavior change.
- Patient-reported Outcome Measures— Framework, Psychometrics, and Uses
D. Scott, Davis, PT, MS, EdD, OCS
- Performance-rated Outcome Measures— Framework, Psychometrics, and Uses
Charles Sheets, PT, OCS, SCS, Dip MDT
- Lower Extremity Outcome Measures
Joseph Zeni, Jr. PT, PhD; Kathleen Madara, PT, DPT
- Upper Extremity Outcome Measures
Lori A. Michener, PT, PhD, ATC, SCS, FAPTA; Hillary A. Plummer, PhD, ATC
- Patient Self-report Outcome Measures for Individuals with Spine Conditions
Todd E. Davenport, PT, DPT, MPH, OCS
- Measures of Cognition and Affect
Kimiko Yamada, PT, DPT, OCS, ATC, CLT, CSCS
Online + Print
|Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Member||Six (6)||$200||$235|
|Non-Academy Member||Six (6)||$300||$335|
No refunds will be given after online receipt of materials or receiving the print copy.
International Shipping Policy:
International shipping is NOT available when purchasing a plus print copy of our independent study courses. The online copy allows you instant access to any course with the ability to print a pdf copy. Note: APO and FPO addresses are serviced by the USPS and the Military Postal Service Agency and are available for plus print shipping.
You need to login to purchase this course. If you do not have an account, click on the box below and follow the instructions for creating an account.Login or Create Account