APTA CSM 2024 is almost here! PT in the Community has been working diligently with APTA Massachusetts to support the local underserved and disadvantaged communities of Boston. The chapter’s amazing leadership has helped identify the needs of their communities and facilitated several great relationships and numerous volunteer opportunities DURING CSM.
Take a look at the following local partnerships for CSM 2024 in Boston, MA to learn more about how PT in the Community is providing local support and how to GET INVOLVED DURING CSM. Volunteer links for each event can be found below.
- We are partnering with the Brighton Senior Center to host a Senior Health and Falls Screening event on Valentine’s Day, Wednesday February 14th, from 8:30AM-12PM. Volunteers will be screening resident’s vitals, balance, and mobility, and speaking with them on the value of movement, physical activity, and healthy aging.
- Please Join Us for This Event! Interested volunteers can RSVP and sign up for additional information HERE.
- Location: 20 Chestnut Hill Ave., Brighton, MA 02135
- This initiative has been coordinated with APTA Massachusetts Geriatric SIG and is a part of the facility’s Valentine’s Day party (food and refreshments provided). PT in the Community is also supporting the senior center with an abundance of new exercise equipment for the facility’s health and wellness programming.
- In partnership with Massachusetts General Hospital we will be hosting an On-Site Blood Drive on Thursday (2/15) AND Friday (2/16) from 10AM-3:30PM. The bloodmobile will be parked near the hotel shuttle entrance. Signage will be placed throughout the Convention Center to help in finding the bus location. Walk-ins are welcome, but you can book a time here:
- We are supporting Women’s Lunch Place, a local women’s day shelter, in a variety of ways.
- Care packages will be put together on-site during CSM, Thursday (2/15) from 10:30AM-12PM, location in the Convention Center, Room 159. No need to sign up for care package assembly, just show up when you can!
- Opportunities to volunteer for meal service are available on both Thursday (2/15) and Friday (2/16) from 7AM-9AM or 9AM-11AM.
- We are also hosting a Women’s Health Talk and Yoga Class on Thursday (2/15) from 9-10AM. Volunteers are welcome to attend and engage with participants.
- Please sign up to volunteer and see additional information for meal service and the women’s health event HERE.
- We are supporting St. Francis House, a local day shelter supporting people experiencing homelessness and poverty, in a variety of ways.
- Opportunities to volunteer for meal service are available on both Thursday (2/15) and Friday (2/16) from 7AM-9AM.
- We are making PB&J sandwiches on Friday (2/16) from 7AM-8AM, location: Convention Center, Room 255. These will provide individuals at the shelter with an additional lunch option that day. No need to sign up for sandwich making, just show up when you can!
- We are also supporting St. Francis House with an abundance of warm weather clothing for them to distribute as needed.
- Please sign up to volunteer and see additional information HERE.
- We have partnered with Overdose Lifeline to increase the number of trained individuals when it comes to administering Narcan, a life saving medication to assist those during an opioid emergency. PT in the Community has covered the trainer program costs and annual licensing fee for 8 members of APTA Massachusetts. These individuals will than be able to go out into their community and train others in how to administer Narcan.
- In connection with this effort, we will be offering On-site Training DURING CSM in the Expo Hall at the #7044 APTA Massachusetts Booth. This training will be held on Thursday (2/15), Friday (2/16), AND Saturday (2/17) at 10:20AM, 1:20PM, 2:20PM. These training will only take about 15 minutes. Walk-ups are encouraged!
- We are supporting Bridge Over Troubled Waters, a local youth shelter, by providing them with varying amounts of gift cards to CVS, Target, TJ Maxx, & Dunkin’ Donuts to support their youth population.
- Lastly, we have partnered with the school physical therapists within the Boston Public School system and will be hosting Health and PT Chats with students at local schools as a way to increase exposure of the PT profession to those underrepresented populations. These opportunities are currently still in the works, so please sign up HERE to receive updates as available. These events could be scheduled either Thursday (2/15) and/or Friday (2/16).
Visit our Local Partnership’s page to learn more about each of these great organizations! And of course, none of this would be possible without the support of our amazing sponsors and donations of individuals! We hope you will donate!
Local Partners Page
PT in the Community is honored to partner with a dedicated network of local food banks, health clinics, and educational centers, each playing a crucial role in enriching and supporting the well-being of the surrounding Boston community. These organizations work tirelessly to provide nutritious meals, essential healthcare services, and support to those in need..
Many thanks to our CSM 2024 sponsors!
It is through our amazing PT in the Community Sponsors that we are able to make a lasting impact in the communities we visit each year. Sponsor's donations are not considered just a financial contribution; it is a vote of confidence that motivates us to work even harder to make a difference. We thank you!