Clinical pearls reflect succinct, clinically relevant information drawn from therapist experience that can benefit patient care, but may not be found in the medical literature. These clinical pearls have been submitted by Pain SIG members with the intention to support you in your efforts to bring the highest quality care to your patients.
- April: Restoring Locus of Control through Shared Decision Making
- February: Relationship-Centered Communication
- December: Coaching the Worrywart
- October: Talking about Pain Using Analogies and Metaphors
- August: Model for Making Treatment Decisions
- June: Breathing, Relaxation and Mindfulness Meditation
- April: Identifying and Classifying Pain Mechanisms
- February: Sleep
The Pain SIG Board highly values our member experience. Members are invited to submit their clinical pearls to the Pain SIG President, Carolyn McManus, PT, MS, MA, at email@example.com.