The purpose of the FASIG shall be to provide a forum where individuals having a common interest in physical therapy for the foot and ankle may meet, confer, and promote patient are through education, clinical practice, and research.
- Foster physical therapy management of foot and ankle disorders based upon scientific foundation and evidence.
- Provide a forum for the discussion of the management of foot and ankle disorders among physical therapists from the Orthopaedic Section as well as other APTA sections.
- Initiate and maintain an on-going dialogue among members to provide:
- standards for entry-level physical therapy education programs in regard to the management of foot and ankle disorders, and
- standards for measurement protocols as well as terminology relative to the examination procedures for the foot and ankle.
- Provide a forum for interaction with other health care professionals who treat foot and ankle disorders.
- Provide a network for enhancing communication between clinicians, academicians, and researchers in the physical therapy community interested in the management of foot and ankle disorders.
1. Verify membership status.
2. Select your desired SIG.
3. Submit your request!