AOPT Residency Curriculum
The Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy offers a didactic curriculum package including regularly updated and expanded learning modules with learning objectives.
- A foundational didactic curriculum for newly developing residency program
- A didactic supplement to already established residency programs
- Didactic courses for support of developing and/or established Fellowships programs
- Final examination questions to assess comprehension of course material
How it Works
The residency/fellowship curriculum package and individual courses are available to residents/fellows and directors currently in an accredited, candidacy or developing residency or fellowship programs in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy and/or a related fellowship field. Individuals (Residents/Fellows or Residency/Fellowship Directors) purchasing the residency curriculum package or individual course option must be current AOPT members.
The residency or fellowship director will provide a list of current residents or fellows by completing and submitting the Full Curriculum Package order form. The information provided must include a residency or fellowship curriculum schedule and resident/fellow contract or appointment letter to the AOPT office. Once the form and pertinent information is received by the AOPT office, the resident/fellow or program director may purchase the curriculum materials.
Course exams are provided to program Directors/faculty. Residents/fellows will complete the tests upon recommendation from residency/fellowship Director/faculty.
- Upon completion of the tests, the resident/fellow or the residency/fellowship Director will submit their exam answers to the AOPT office.
- Once the exam is scored by the AOPT office, each resident will receive notification of their scores via e‐mail.
- Criteria for “passing” each test is determined by the residency/fellowship program Director. If residents/fellows do not meet the criteria for passing established by their residency/fellowship Director, they have the opportunity to retake the exam up to 2 additional times. The residency/fellowship Director must contact the AOPT office to make this request. There is no fee for retaking exams. The residency/fellowship program director determines the period of time in which the retake must be completed. Retake exams must be submitted to the AOPT office for scoring.
- No contact hours are earned for successful completion of the residency curriculum courses.
The curriculum was designed to create or supplement the foundation for your residency program, and is available in two different options:
- Full curriculum package:
- Individual course package (customized by Program Director)
Curriculum Order forms: