The purpose of the Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy's Membership Committee is to provide for consistent growth in membership through recruitment of non-members, retention of current members, and development of leaders within the Orthopaedic Section. In doing so, the committee will ensure it meets the objectives as stated by the Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy's Strategic Plan.
- Demonstrate a positive growth in membership.
- Promote diversity in Section membership actively recruiting minority members of the APTA to join the Academy and to serve on the Academy’s Board of Directors, standing committees and task forces.
- Recruit and guide individuals willing to accept leadership positions within the Section.
- Periodically survey the Academy membership regarding their needs and priorities for the Academy.
- Maintain collaboration with APTA and other components, including Academy, Sections and Chapters regarding membership issues. Mentor fellow Academy Members into roles on the Membership Committee and other Academy committees.