Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Therapy
$83,000+ per year based on experience and credentials
The University of North Dakota Department of Physical Therapy invites applications for an Assistant Professor position in the Department of Physical Therapy. The Department of Physical Therapy is located within the School of Medicine and Health Sciences. The program has a 55+-year history of being a leader in physical therapy education not only in North Dakota but throughout the country. UND Physical Therapy has consistently provided a strong and challenging academic and clinical preparation for our students. This position is a twelve (12) month, non-tenure track, special appointment within the University of North Dakota (UND) School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS), Department of Physical Therapy.
Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, and tuition waiver. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
- Teaching in the areas of orthopedics, basic sciences, general physical therapy care, and other areas of departmental need
- Well-defined, ongoing scholarly agenda and dissemination
- Service to the department, school, university, and profession
- Advising graduate and undergraduate students
Candidates for the position of Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Therapy will possess the following:
- Academic doctorate or earned DPT with a commitment to pursue academic doctorate appropriate for teaching responsibilities and scholarly activity
- Advanced training with contemporary expertise and clinical experience in orthopedics
- Current PT license; eligible for ND license
- 3 years’ clinical experience
- Successful completion of the criminal history record check.
- An academic doctorate in an appropriate field for physical therapy teaching responsibilities
- Orthopedic certification
- Experience in clinical research or scholarly activity
- Membership and involvement in professional associations
To make application for this position go to: https://campus.und.edu/human-resources/careers/job-openings.html. Find Physical Therapy in the Department drop-down box and click “More Info.”
The full and complete application must include the following information:
- Current curriculum vitae;
- Letter of interest;
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Review of applications will begin on June 1, 2021. Position is open until filled.
The University of North Dakota (UND) is a public research University established as a Land Grant University in 1883. Founded with a strong liberal arts foundation, UND has grown into a prominent scientific research university, classified by the Carnegie Foundation as having high research activity. UND was recently ranked among the top 100 public and top 25 most innovative universities in the country by U.S. News and World Report, and is widely regarded as among the top universities in the American Northern Plains region. Currently, the University boasts 200+ fields of study with nearly 15,000 students.
UND is located in Grand Forks, North Dakota, a vibrant college town of over 50,000 people located on the border of North Dakota and Minnesota. Grand Forks boasts high-quality medical facilities, a very low crime rate, many fine restaurants, acclaimed public and private schools, and annual events throughout the year. Ranked as one of the top 5 Best Small College Towns, and America’s Best Hockey Town, Grand Forks offers stellar quality of life without the metropolitan hassles.