Stockton University is ranked among the top public universities in the Northeast with more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as continuing education opportunities. The University, one hour from Philadelphia and two hours from New York City, offers unique living and learning environments throughout southern New Jersey, including the 1,600 acre Galloway campus in the Pinelands National Reserve and Stockton University Atlantic City, located on the Boardwalk, just steps from the beach. Additional locations include Hammonton, Manahawkin and Woodbine. As a public university, Stockton provides an environment for excellence to a diverse student body, including those from underrepresented populations, through an interdisciplinary approach to liberal arts, sciences and professional education. Founded in 1969, Stockton held its first classes in 1971 and is planning its 50th anniversary. The University’s commitment to cultural diversity and its welcoming and vibrant community makes Stockton a great place to learn and work! Learn more about the many reasons to choose Stockton at www.Stockton.edu
Visiting Assistant/Associate Professor of Physical Therapy, Starting September 1, 2020
Stockton University seeks applicants for a full-time, 10-month, Visiting faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor for the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program. The successful candidate for this position will join current faculty members with diverse professional backgrounds and work collaboratively in a systems-oriented, entry level curriculum. The DPT program enjoys dedicated multipurpose lab classrooms and a multidisciplinary simulation suite in the state of the art John F. Scarpa Health Sciences Center. Stockton’s School of Health Sciences offers many graduate and undergraduate degrees in the health-related professions. Stockton has received national recognition for its distinctive academic programs and interdisciplinary approach to learning. The diverse faculty and student body at Stockton combine a spirit of innovation with a sense of traditions for academic excellence. The successful candidate may be eligible for consideration for a tenure track position during academic year 2021-2022.
- Offer courses in Physical Therapy and the General Studies curriculum
- Serve as preceptor to students
- Participate in scholarship and/or creative activities as appropriate to the discipline
- Provide service to the University, community and the profession
- Perform other duties as designated by the Dean and/or the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission
- Earned academic doctorate (Ph.D, Ed.D, or equivalent) in physical therapy or a health related field
- Candidates completing academic doctorate degree by June 1, 2020 will also be considered
- Candidates must be a NJ licensed Physical Therapist or be eligible for physical therapy license in NJ
- Applicants must have a track record of scholarly productivity or demonstrated potential for success in peer-reviewed publications
- Effective leadership, organizational, and communication skills
- The greatest need for this position is expertise in foundational sciences and/or musculoskeletal content
- Expertise in additional areas of practice will be considered: neuromuscular, integumentary, cardiovascular, pathology, anatomy and kinesiology
- Prior teaching experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, administrators and colleagues in team-taught courses
- Ability to set, communicate, and complete established priorities
Salary commensurate with experience and is accompanied by an extremely competitive University benefits package.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using Microsoft Word or PDF
- A letter of interest describing required and preferred qualifications
- A curriculum vitae
- List of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check, which may include social intelligence from a consumer reporting agency.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions (faculty exempt) are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics Act (Clery Act), prospective employees may access Stockton’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) is available at https://www.stockton.edu/police/crime-statistics.html. The ASFSR contains the previous three years of reported Clery Act crime statistics, fire safety information and information regarding campus and personal safety. If you would like a paper copy of the report, please visit the Stockton University Police Department, building 71, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway Township, NJ, or call 609-652-4390, to request that a copy be mailed to you.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.