To ensure the Orthopaedic Section has a strong public image within health care as well as to the public at large. Public relations activities involve promotion of the Orthopaedic Section to APTA members and non-members to help them understand the organization and its purpose. The PR Committee supports the mission and vision of the Section through activities that increase awareness of orthopaedic physical therapy and the Section’s mission, vision, and resources.
- Promote the role of physical therapists as experts in the provision of musculoskeletal care through social media and the creation of appropriate communications for other Section media and publications.
- Develop liaison relationships with all committees, SIGs, and EIGs to assist in the promotion of specific activities.
- Advise the Section on content of mass e-mails, Facebook, and other social media to improve communication, branding and promotion of the section and the profession.
- Give feedback on the look and layout of the Section website, annually, and as requested.
- As liaisons, communicate with committee chairs, SIG presidents, EIG chairs, and the ICF coordinator quarterly to ascertain if respective website content is up-to-date, and communicate needed updates to the Section Office.
- Critique website redesign options and offer suggestions, as requested by staff.