25.3.3 Innovations in Practice,
This set is part of the Editor’s “Special Collections” that bundle single, specific topics from various series we have published. The Special Collections are joint region based and include the hip, knee, and shoulder. By creating this special collection product registrants will be able to “dig deep” into the care of a particular joint complex.
- Define glenohumeral instability and laxity and describe incidence, prevalence, pathomechanics, and mechanism of injury for each.
- Describe the active and passive restraints about the shoulder and describe classification systems for shoulder instability.
- Determine the role of diagnostic testing.
- Determine and perform an examination using appropriate tests and measures to accurately assess shoulder instability and the associated impairments and functional limitations.
- Identify patients most appropriate for nonoperative management of shoulder instability and implement an evidence-based rehabilitation program.
- Understand anatomy and biomechanics of the anterior cruciate ligament and common mechanisms of injury.
- Describe the evidence governing clinical and imaging tests for diagnosing anterior cruciate ligament tears.
- Understand current surgical procedures for various populations and how they impact rehabilitation and recovery.
- Understand the rationale for anterior cruciate ligament prevention programs.
- Identify predictors of anterior cruciate ligament tears and proper testing for risk assessment as supported by research.
- Discuss the biomechanics and pathomechanics of the patellofemoral region and identify movement patterns that may contribute to patellofemoral pain.
- Discuss physical therapy classification of patients with patellofemoral pain.
- Provide evidence-based review of functional tests for the lower extremity.
- Identify and discuss tests and measures that can be used in the identification of pain generators of the patellofemoral region.
- Review current surgical interventions for treatment of patellofemoral pain.
- The Unstable Shoulder
Brittany Lynch, PT, DPT; Tara Ridge, MS, PT, SCS; Dharmesh Vyas, MD, PhD
- Advances in Anterior Cruciate Ligament Surgery & Rehabilitation
Kristi Campanella, PT, DPT, OCS, MEd, CPI
- Patellofemoral Pain & Rehabilitation
Cory Manton, PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS
Online + Print
|Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Member||Three (3)||$105||$120|
|Non-Academy Member||Three (3)||$230||$245|
No refunds will be given after online receipt of materials or receiving the print copy.
You need to login to purchase this course. If you do not have an account, click on the box below and follow the instructions for creating an account.Login or Create Account