20.3, Physical Therapy for the Performing Artist
new lower price!
NOTE: CEUs Not Offered For This Course
This course specifically addresses the rehabilitation needs of 3 professions of performing artists: the figure skater, the musician, and the artistic gymnast. The authors introduce the reader to each respective performing arts and delineate the specific role of the physical therapist. Unique examination and intervention strategies tailored to the needs of these populations are highlighted.
- Understand the figure skating organizational structure and be familiar with the governing bodies.
- Recognize predisposing injury factors and understand the impact of co-morbidities in the figure skating population.
- Recognize common injuries in figure skaters and understand the need for imaging in the diagnostic procedure.
- Provide rationale for rehabilitation interventions and progression criteria in return to performance in order to resolve impairments affecting the figure skater.
- Understand the importance of conducting a subjective examination for the musician that is expanded to include music performance-related questions.
- Identify roles of instrument-specific posturing and movements of the musician and be able to incorporate these predispositions in an objective examination.
- Develop appropriate intervention strategies for musician-specific musculoskeletal pain.
- Understand the impact of predisposing factors and co-morbidities in the gymnastic population.
- Recognize common injury patterns in artistic gymnasts and learn clinical pearls that aid in treatment and rehabilitation.
- Understand the role of diagnostic imaging in the diagnostic process for an injured artistic gymnast.
- Provide rationale for rehabilitation interventions and progression criteria in return to performance in order to resolve impairments affecting artistic gymnasts.
- Figure Skating
Jennifer Flug, PT, DPT, OCS; Jeffrey Schneider, MS, ATC, CSCS; Eric Greenberg, PT, DPT, SCS, CSCS; and Tara Jo Manal, PT, DPT, OCS, SCS (Includes a DVD, Simply Skating: A Lesson for the Spectator, developed by the University of Delaware.)
- Instrumentalist Musicians
Jan Dommerholt, PT, MS, DPT, and Beth Collier, PT, DPT
- Artistic Gymnastics
Airelle O. Hunter-Giordano, PT, DPT, OCS, SCS, CSCS; Gina M. Pongetti Angeletti, PT, MPT, MA, CSCS, ART-Cert; Stacy Voelker, PT, DPT; and Tara Jo Manal, PT, DPT, OCS, SCS (Includes a supplemental DVD demonstrating content described in the text.)
|Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Member||Three (3)||
|Non-Academy Member||Three (3)||
No refunds will be given after online receipt of materials or receiving the print copy.
You need to login to purchase this course. If you do not have an account, click on the box below and follow the instructions for creating an account.Login or Create Account