Linking Basic Science to Intervention
This 3-monograph compilation educates the registrant on the underlying pathogenesis of osteoarthritis and how to effectively rehabilitate patients who seek nonsurgical and surgical treatment. The authors detail the role of physical therapy, education, and epidemiological factors. The content is supported by citations from the peer-reviewed literature. Integration of the information is achieved through case study presentations. At the time of publication all of the authors were affiliated with the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York.
- Understand the epidemiology and risk factors associated with osteoarthritis.
- Describe the pathogenesis and progression of osteoarthritis in cartilage, bone, and synovium.
- Describe the clinical signs and symptoms associated with osteoarthritis.
- Implement conservative treatment for the patient with osteoarthritis.
- Understand the role of laboratory testing and imaging in differential diagnosis of osteoarthritis.
- Discuss pharmacologic treatment strategies for osteoarthritis.
- Appropriately prescribe the use of assistive devices, bracing, and orthotics in management of osteoarthritis.
- Design a comprehensive exercise program and educational strategy for the patient with osteoarthritis.
- Identify functional outcome measures appropriate for the patient with osteoarthritis.
- Describe the role of joint arthroplasty and arthroscopic techniques in treating osteoarthritis of the hip, knee, ankle, and shoulder.
- Implement appropriate postsurgical principles in acute, early, and long-term rehabilitation phases.
- Identify complications following surgical intervention for osteoarthritis of the hip, knee, ankle, shoulder, and spine.
- Advances in Prevention and Diagnosis of Osteoarthritis
Wai-Kwong Hui, PT, DPT, MS, CSCS; Jason Metoxen, PT, MSPT; Elizabeth Niedbala, PT, DPT; and Pawel Wawrzyniak, PT, DPT
- Conservative Management of Osteoarthritis
Marlena Albanese, PT, DPT; Emil Berengut, PT, DPT, MSW, CSCS; Howard Hillstrom, PhD; Rupali Joshi, PT, MEd, PhD; Lisa M. Konstantellis, PT, MSPT; Scott Siverling, PT, MSPT, OCS; Lauren Smith, PT, DPT; Matthew Titmuss, PT, DPT; and Karen Yanelli, PT, DPT
- Surgical Management of Osteoarthritis
Allison Brown, PT, PhD; Yatin Kirane, MBBS, DOrtho, MS, PhD; and Zakary Knutson, MD>
You need to login to purchase this course. If you do not have an account, click on the box below and follow the instructions for creating an account.Login or Create Account