The purpose of the Education Committee is to provide accessible and cost-effective professional development opportunities for member s through various methods including pre-conference and educational programming at CSM and off-site regional courses on relevant and current topics. The committee also serves as an advisor for planning the Annual Orthopaedic Section Meeting.
- Coordinate CSM programming, oversee the administration of orthopaedic programming at CSM, and assist the Research Chair with CSM platform/poster programming
- Serve in an advisory capacity to the Orthopaedic Section Board of Directors
- Provides oversight and administrative responsibility for the Annual Orthopaedic Section Meeting (AOM) Planning Committee
- Work is on-going throughout the year as dictated by APTA deadlines
- Responsibilities of the Education Committee Chair
- Responsibilities of the Education Committee Vice-Chair
- Responsibilities of Committee Members:
- Assist the Chair and Vice Chair in review of programming for CSM and rank programming using the scale listed in ScholarOne.
- Assist the Education Chair and Vice Chair by acting as the moderator at programming that has been assigned to them at CSM or AOM.