APTA's Combined Sections Meeting (CSM)
February 1 - 28, 2021
The Combined Sections Meeting will provide hundreds of educational sessions, the ability to earn up to 2.0 CEUs (20 contact hours), poster presentations, and opportunities to engage with speakers, employers, and physical therapy product and solution providers.
Programming is designed by APTA’s 18 specialty Sections and Academies. Click here to register for this conference and post-conference courses.
Click on the links below to access the following:
- AOPT's Educational Sessions
- AOPT Platform Sessions
- AOPT Poster Presentations
AOPT Special Events
Stay tuned for details regarding the AOPT special events:
- Rose Excellence in Research Award Platform Presentation
- AOPT Membership Meeting
- AOPT Awards Ceremony
AOPT Post-conference Courses
Tuesday, March 2, 2021:
"Next Level Clinical Reasoning: Integration of Diagnostic Ultrasound into Physical Therapy Practice"
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM EST
This course will introduce physical therapists to the use and integration of ultrasound imaging into clinical practice to expedite diagnosis and guide management of common musculoskeletal conditions. Diagnostic ultrasound is increasingly available and is used across various medical specialties to assist in the early and accurate diagnosis without increased cost or risk of harm to the patient. For many musculoskeletal conditions such as tendinopathy, tendon tears, peripheral nerve damage or compression, extra articular ligament sprains and much more, the diagnostic capacity of ultrasound is comparable to MRI. The benefits of ultrasound are its high resolution, low cost, portability, and ability to provide real-time results. Attendees will learn basic ultrasound principles, knobology, and normal neuromusculoskeletal sonoanatomy of the extremities. Speakers will introduce the use of ultrasound as a point-of-care clinical tool to evaluate and guide the management decisions of musculoskeletal pathology in orthopedic and sport populations. Specifically, musculoskeletal ultrasound's diagnostic properties and recommended management strategies informed by ultrasound will be reviewed. Speakers will use case discussions to demonstrate how integrating sonographic findings into a clinical exam can significantly inform decision making. This postconference course is available for $185 for APTA Section Members and $285 for others. (.8 CEUs)
Wednesday, March 3, 2021
"Essentials To Enhance Education and Outcomes in Residency/Fellowship Programs: Program Director and Faculty Track"
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM EST
Successful administration of residency and fellowship training programs is more complex than ever. This 1-day course will include four hours of asynchronous videos to view prior to the course and a four hour in-person session. The course will assist accredited and developing residency & fellowship programs with integrating best clinical practice in resident/fellowship mentoring and curriculum development for your programs in 2021! Do you have administrative strategies for “monitoring patient and director outcomes”, “strategies to advance clinical mentoring practices” and “utilization of web based programs to organize clinical forms for compliance?” Whether you are an established residency/fellowship program looking to update compliance with the new criteria, integrating innovative and effective clinical mentoring strategies for an established program, or a developing program just getting started, we can help! The speakers and participants will have the unique opportunity to discuss areas of the accreditation process through virtual breakout sessions and panel discussions, e.g. curriculum and resident/fellow mentoring as well as training of the resident/fellow mentor. Come and learn from colleagues who are program directors and active in the accreditation process! (.8 CEUs)
- The course combines synchronous and asynchronous learning.
- There will be pre-recorded material to learn from.
- On March 3 there will be 4 hours of breakout sessions live amongst the two tracks/audiences.
- The course offers 0.8 CEUs.
- The two tracks/audiences for this course are:
- Program Directors of R/F
- Faculty of R/F
- Program Directors will receive the following pre-recorded content:
- Update on quality standards- Recorded Presentation
- Appraisal of successful outcomes reporting- Recorded Presentation
- Establishing innovative curriculum design based on the new quality standards: Live/ Recorded presentation
- Establishing clinical mentoring practices and training the mentor: Recorded Presentation
- Implementation of web based programs to streamline administrative: Recorded Presentations
- Program assessment: Recorded Presentation
- Faculty will receive the following pre-recorded content:
- Advancing clinical mentoring in clinical practice- Recorded Presentation
- Managing a failing resident and remediation: Recorded Presentation
- Assessing initial competency, advancing competency, and graduation requirements: Recorded Presentation
- Advancing clinical expertise in practice: Live Presentation
- Mentor/mentee factors for successful engagement in mentorship: Recorded Presentation