Friday General Session Details
Friday will begin with a general session, followed by breakout sessions, and an interactive session and panel discussion to end the day. This year, attendees will have the opportunity to attend all breakout sessions!
Friday, April 3, 2020:
General Session Title: Concussion: Cervico-Vestibulo-Ocular Integration over Brain Isolation
- Description: In this session we will review the complex interaction between the central nervous system, vestibulo-ocular system and cervical musculoskeletal system in generating signs and symptoms after concussion, with special emphasis on the latter two systems. We will describe the differential diagnostic thought process and integrated management of common vestibulo-ocular and cervico-thoracic impairments that occur after a concussive event. Case examples will be used to illustrate key concepts and caveats for treatment.
- Speakers: Airelle Giordano, PT, DPT, and Rob Landel, PT, DPT, FAPTA
- Key topics addressed:
- The importance of identifying what system is driving what impairment
- Key issues to consider when selecting order of tests, measures and treatment interventions
- Differentiating dizziness and headache/migraine symptoms
- Review of the evidence in assessment and treatment of post-concussion symptoms
- Overview of the role that contextual factors play in treatment and outcomes