The following articles will provide the history of the Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy (formerly the Orthopaedic Section, APTA).
- History of the Orthopaedic Section: The 1970's
Written by Stanley V. Paris, PT, PhD, and Dorothy Santi, PT
- As Dreams Became Realities: 1980 through 1985
Written by Carolyn Wadsworth, MS, PT, OCS, CHT
- Growth: 1985 through 1992
Written by Nancy White, MS, PT, OCS
- Partnerships for Survival: 1993 through 1999
Written by Joe Farrell, MS, PT, FAAOMPT
- Orthopaedic Section Celebrates 30 Years!
- Orthopaedic Section's 40th Anniversary: A Time of Growth and Leadership
Written by James J. Irrgang, PT, PhD, ATC