Welcome to the Orthopaedic Section, APTA Animal Rehabilitation Special Interest Group's (ARSIG) website!
The purpose of the Animal Rehabilitation Special Interest Group of the Orthopaedic Section, APTA is to provide a forum for physical therapists and physical therapist assistants to discuss, promote, and advance the practice of animal rehabilitation.
- Promote the role of physical therapists in the field of animal rehabilitation.
- Share information and resources with members of the physical therapy community and veterinary medical professions.
- Establish collegial relationships with veterinary medical professionals to promote the highest standards of quality and care in animal rehabilitation.
- Develop and provide educational programming and other learning opportunities to benefit members of the SIG
- Foster research to support evidence-based practice on topics related to animal rehabilitation.
- Develop and promote contemporary practice guidelines for animal rehabilitation.
- Provide resources and support for SIG members involved in the political process of codifying legislative language directed at enhancing, advancing and protecting physical therapist practice in animal rehabilitation.
- Participate as active members in the International Association of Physical Therapists in Animal Practice of the World Confederation of Physical Therapy.