Welcome to the Orthopaedic Section, APTA Animal Rehabilitation Special Interest Group's (ARSIG) website!
The purpose of the Animal Rehabilitation Special Interest Group of the Orthopaedic Section of the APTA is to provide a forum in which physical therapists and physical therapist assistants may discuss, learn, and promote the field of animal rehabilitation.
The goals of the ARSIG are similar to other interest groups within the APTA. It is important for physical therapists with a common interest to be able to explore new fields of practice and to have a forum for sharing that information.
- Promote the role of physical therapists in the field of animal rehabilitation.
- Share information with physical therapists, physical therapist assistants and veterinary medical professionals.
- Collaborate and establish collegial relationships with veterinary medical professionals.
- Develop educational programs on animal rehabilitation.
- Foster research with the collaboration of veterinarians on the topic of animal rehabilitation.
- Create guidelines for the practice of animal rehabilitation.
- Encourage appropriate legislative changes for the growth and advancement of animal rehabilitation in collaboration with veterinarians.
- Establish a national network for physical therapists and physical therapist assistants working with or interested in working with animals.
- Protect the professional practice of physical therapy.