Pain Management SIG
Welcome to the Orthopaedic Section, APTA, Pain Management Special Interest Group's website! The Pain Management Special Interest Group (PMSIG) strives to promote pain education, treatment and research by physical therapy professionals.
The PMSIG serves its members by:
- Promoting the role of physical therapists in the care of people in pain
- Identifying, sharing and promoting evidence-based standards and best practice guidelines for pain treatment
- Providing opportunities for professional development and continuing education
- Being a resource for current research in the ﬁeld of pain
- Facilitating positive relationships and networking between the PMSIG and other SIGs, Section members, other physical therapists, pain organizations and the general public
The PMSIG is committed to advancing physical therapy to optimize the ability of people with pain conditions to heal and live fully through knowledge, self-awareness and movement.
1. Verify membership status.
2. Select your desired SIG.
3. Submit your request!