The purpose of the Animal Rehabilitation Special Interest Group of the Orthopaedic Section, APTA is to provide a forum for physical therapists and physical therapist assistants to discuss, promote, and advance the practice of animal rehabilitation.
- Promote the role of physical therapists in the field of animal rehabilitation.
- Share information and resources with members of the physical therapy community and veterinary medical professions.
- Establish collegial relationships with veterinary medical professionals to promote the highest standards of quality and care in animal rehabilitation.
- Develop and provide educational programming and other learning opportunities to benefit members of the SIG
- Foster research to support evidence-based practice on topics related to animal rehabilitation.
- Develop and promote contemporary practice guidelines for animal rehabilitation.
- Provide resources and support for SIG members involved in the political process of codifying legislative language directed at enhancing, advancing and protecting physical therapist practice in animal rehabilitation.
- Participate as active members in the International Association of Physical Therapists in Animal Practice of the World Confederation of Physical Therapy.
1. Verify membership status.
2. Select your desired SIG.
3. Submit your request!