physical therapist assistant
educational interest group (EIG)
PTA Educational Interest Group Chair:
Jason Oliver, PTA
- Louisiana State University Bachelor of General Studies
- Our Lady of the Lake College Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assisting
- PTA in outpatient Orthopaedic private practice setting assisting OCS Physical Therapists for 17 years.
- APTA member and Orthopaedic Section member since 1998
- PTA Caucus Representative for Louisiana chapter from 2010 to 2015.
- Currently serving on PTA Program Advisory committee at Our Lady Of the Lake College in Baton Rouge Louisiana
Links of Interest:
- PTA Recognition of Advanced Proficiency
The PTA Recognition of Advanced Proficiency program has been discontinued. The last call for applications under this program was February 1, 2016. Recipients in this final cycle were recognized during NEXT 2016. PTAs with a current Recognition of Advanced Proficiency will remain active through the expiration date. The new Advanced Proficiency Pathways (APP), has been elevated as the postgraduation program that demonstrates advanced proficiency for the PTA, is competency based through mentorship, and now includes an orthopaedic educational pathway.
- Learn more about AAP: http://www.apta.org/APP/
- Learn more about the AAP enrollment process here: http://www.apta.org/APP/Enrollment/